We currently do not have any classes scheduled at this time. We will keep this page updated should more classes become available.
This lifeguard training class includes comprehensive training in water rescues, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and first aid skills. Provides entry-level participants the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over.
15 years & older
Pass the following swim test on the 1st day of class:
1. 300-yard swim using front crawl or breaststroke (head up swim is not allowed)
2. 2-minute tread using legs only
3. Retrieve a 10-lb dive weight from 7 ft deep, surface and swim 20 yds with the weight, using legs only and exit the pool without using a ladder within 100 seconds
- Complete the required Online Course before the first day of class.
- Attend and participate in all class sessions and activities.
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills.
- Pass the final skills scenarios.
- Successfully pass final written exam with a minimum grade of 80%.
2 year American Red Cross certificate in Lifeguarding, First Aidand CPR/AED
Become a certified Red Cross Lifeguard!
Job opportunities may be available to those who successfully complete the course at Cucamonga-Guasti Regional Park in Ontario or ABC Aquatics in Chino.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO REGISTER FOR ANY LIFEGUARD CLASS PLEASE EMAIL ABCAQUATICCENTER@GMAIL.COM